In addition to our free, public feedings.
VIP Animal Encounters
Add on a unique animal encounter to make your visit extra special! (VIP Animal Encounters are in addition to regular admission prices.)Register Now!
Pick from the following options for your next Living Coast adventure.
Times Available: 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
First, your personal guide will take you on a backstage tour of our aquarium:
- See where we prep all of our aquatic animals’ food.
- Visit our ocean invertebrates backstage touch tank.
- Learn about the daily care that is needed to keep our animals healthy at the Living Coast.
Finally, your turn for the VIP Ray feeding session!
- Ready to get UP-CLOSE? Your guide will show you how to hand feed our baby rays.
- Touch one of our horn sharks. What a great photo opportunity!
Times Available: 11:45 a.m. (weekdays only) and 3:30 p.m. (daily)
Choose from the following birds for this adventure!
- Tyto: our majestic barn owl
- Jack or Hoot: adorable little screech owls
- Black or Blue: our active and engaging burrowing owls
- Mariah: our American kestrel
Once you pick your favorite, your guide will take you on a behind-the-scenes tour of Raptor Row and introduce you to our birds of prey.
- Learn each of their names and why these animals are here with us.
- Learn about their habitats and where they live in the wild.
- What do they eat? How do they eat?
- Spend some quality up-close with the bird of your choice.
- Learn about their adaptations and what defines a raptor.
- Get some great photo-ops with your new animal friend!
The perfect experience for younger children and as a first encounter to wild animals! Our reptiles are safe for interaction with guests of all ages.
Times available: 10:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Please pick TWO animals to meet and greet!
- Adult Desert Tortoises: Mr. T (50yrs old) or Tank (30yrs old)
- Baby Desert Tortoise: Scooter (4 yrs old)
- A calm, friendly rosy boa snake
- A coastal glossy snake
- Fiesty Oswald (or Ozzy), our active (but friendly!) gopher snake
- Indy, our regal Chuckwalla (also known as a desert iguana!)
Take a backstage tour of our prep areas with your personal guide:
- See where we prep all of our aquatic animal’s food. It’s also where we prep salads for our tortoises and keep the snake food!
- As a bonus, get to visit our Ocean Invertebrates backstage touch tank!
- What defines a reptile?
- What does this animal like to eat? How do they eat?
- Where do they live?
- Find out what their skin/shell feels like!
- And of course, photo ops!
Times Available: 11:30 a.m. (weekends only) and 2:00 pm (daily)
First, head over to the Sea Turtle Lagoon!
- Learn about the Endangered Pacific Green Sea Turtle
- Why are they endangered? Where do they live? How big can they get? What do they eat?
- 3 or 4 at a time, head INTO Turtle Lagoon!
- Wave to the public on the otherside of the glass while your other party members take pictures of you
- Be able to hear our turtles come up for air and watch them swim up to say hello
Next, your guide will walk you through feeding our turtles:
- Offer up your new Sea Turtle Friends some snacks and watch as they swim to gobble up some of their favorite foods
- Take pictures of the turtles and your family members interacting with them
- Switch out with the other members of your group so that everyone has a chance to see them up-close
Finally, take a backstage tour of our aquarium with your personal guide:
- See where we prep all of our aquatic animal’s food
- Get to visit our ocean invertebrates backstage touch tank
- Touch a seastar, horn shark egg, turban snail, and a sea cucumber!
- Learn about the daily care that is needed to keep our animals healthy at the Living Coast
Private VIP Encounters:
Each experience is a 30 minute personal animal encounter. Each encounter is just $50 for a group of up to 6 people. Additional guest tickets can be purchased, up to 10 maximum. Preregistration and prepayment can be done online here.
If a particular VIP encounter has not booked when you arrive at the Living Coast on a Saturday or Sunday, walk-in guests will have the opportunity to join in on a semi-private VIP for just $10 per person! The only catch is that guests risk their preferred VIP encounter being full. (This promotion is only good for walk-in guests and not applicable for reservation ahead of time. Availability is not guaranteed. If you would like to guarantee that you and your family will be able to participate in a VIP Animal Encounter, a private reservation is highly encouraged!)