Weekends at the Living Coast
September 19th – October 11th, 2015 11:00am – 2:00pm
Join the Living Coast as we celebrate wildlife found along San Diego’s beautiful coast. Each weekend we will host fun, educational and interactive activities that show new and exciting ways to appreciate and protect the wildlife found in our own backyard! Activities are free with admission and are between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. each weekend of Coastweeks!
See the schedule below for more details:
Living Coast Members receive complimentary admission to our COASTWEEKS celebration.
- Saturday, Sept. 19 & Sunday, Sept. 20: Wild about Water!
- I Love a Clean San Diego® Coastal Cleanup (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Saturday) http://www.cleanupday.org/
- Get Wet with Watersheds
- Splash a Ray – special feed
- Saturday, Sept. 26 & Sunday, Sept. 27: Seashore Splash!
- Invert the Inverts– Touch Table
- Tide-pool Touch
- Octo and the Potato – special feed
- Saturday, Oct. 3 & Sunday, Oct. 4: Gone Birding!
- Explore Bird Biofacts
- Bird Watching Stroll
- Run with the Roadrunner – special first time opportunity to see a feeding
- Saturday, Oct. 10 & Sunday, Oct.11: Crawling Crabs!
- Meet our Local Crustaceans
- Shore Crab Hike (boots recommended)
- Feast for a Lobster – special feeding
From the mountains to the coast, we are all connected! Come check out the celebration that is happening this fall at the Living Coast Discovery Center! In partnership with the California Coastal Commission, Coastweeks is a month-long celebration of our coastal habitats and water resources. For more information on Coastweeks, please visit: http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publiced/coastweeks/