The Living Coast Discovery Center is an interactive learning environment displaying San Diego Bay’s native wildlife. Over 15,000 school children enjoy field trips to our facilities each year. Can’t make it out to the Living Coast? Then we can come to you!
Field trips to the Living Coast & school outreaches happen every day of the school year.
To learn more, and find a program that best suits your group’s needs, click on one of the following the links below:
- CVESD Schools (Chula Vista Elementary School District)
- Non-CVESD Schools
- ‘Our Wild San Diego’ School Outreach
- Mueller Charter School
We offer a variety of options so that you can choose your own adventure:
- CA Science Standards, Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core aligned curricula
- walking trails & sunshine by the bay!
- interactive scavenger hunts
- Living Labs & Dissections
- animal encounters
- docent guided tours
- and much more!
Non-CVESD teachers: Did you know?
You may be able to have your field trip expenses covered by sponsorship! The Unified Port of San Diego has sponsored a number of field trips at the Living Coast and we are currently accepting applications for consideration.
Click here for more information.
For general information contact the Living Coast Discovery Center at (619) 409-5908