Photo of the Month Winners
It was a close race to the finish line for all of the photographers who submitted photos! To view the other submissions, click here!
Are you a photo bug?
Or perhaps you’ve got an eye for interesting shots?
You could win a VIP Animal Encounter!
Each month, staff at the Living Coast Discovery Center will pick their favorite photo taken at the Living Coast or the refuge from those submitted and post it HERE for all the world to see!
There is no age limit: All photographers (seasoned or just beginning) are encouraged to enter.
Would you like to submit a photo?
Please send it to LivingCoastPhotos@gmail.com with the following information:
- Name of Photographer (required)
- Age of Photographer (required)
- Approximate Date Photo Taken
- Describe your Photo
- What’s your favorite thing about the Living Coast?
- All photos submitted must have been taken at the Living Coast Discovery Center, on the wetlands surrounding the Living Coast, or of the Living Coast at an outreach event.
- All photo entries must be submitted by email to LivingCoastPhotos@gmail.com
- Staff of the Living Coast Discovery Center are ineligible to enter.
- You may enter a total of ONE photo per month. Submitting more than one per photographer will result in disqualification for that month.
- There is no age limit. Children under the age of 18 must have permission by a legal guardian or parent to participate in the photo contest.
- At the end of each calendar month, photos submitted during that calendar month will be reviewed by no less than 3 LCDC staff or volunteer members who will pick an overall favorite.
- The winning photographer will be contacted via email and awarded 1 VIP Animal Encounter for up to 4 individuals.
- All photos submitted will be uploaded to our Flickr account with photographer references, when provided, for public viewing.
- Winning photos will be displayed on our website, announced on Facebook, and featured in member e-blasts.
- By entering this photo contest, the photographers give the Living Coast Discovery Center and/or the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service: Sweetwater Unit permission to publish their photos in any of our publications or other printed materials, on our website, and on our social media pages (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc). The photos may also be displayed at the Living Coast Discovery Center or at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife complex.
- Any photographs submitted will not be used for commercial purposes.