We look forward to your visit to the Discovery Center!
What to Expect:
- Scheduled Guest Adventures & VIP Animal Encounters
- Food Services - We have light snacks and beverages for purchase in the gift shop. Want to stay longer? We encourage you to bring your own lunch for a perfect picnic out in nature!
- ADA handicap accessible – Our facility, the complimentary shuttle, and the surrounding nature walking trails are ADA handicap accessible and appropriate for individuals of all ages.
- Add to Your Visit - Nature Trails, VIP Animal Encounters, Kayaking, and Composting Classes
Location & Directions:
1000 Gunpowder Point Drive
Chula Vista, CA 91910-1201
(619) 409-5900 | (619) 409-5910 (fax)
The Living Coast Discovery Center is located on San Diego Bay approximately seven miles south of downtown San Diego and seven miles north of the international border. Access to the facility is available from the public parking lot via free, convenient shuttles.
Driving Directions: From Interstate 5, take the E Street exit in Chula Vista and go west. Follow the signs to the Discovery Center’s parking lot and wait for complimentary shuttle.
San Diego Trolley: Take the San Diego Trolley to the Bayfront/E Street Trolley Station and find the “Nature Center” Bus Stop. Simply call (619) 409-5900) to request our shuttle.
Discovery Center. The last shuttle leaves the Living Coast at 5pm.
Monday – Sunday, 10 AM – 5 PM
Open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
$14 Adults (18-64)
$9 Children (4-17)
Free Children (0-3)
$9 Seniors (65+)
$9 Students (18+ w/ID)
Military (active, retired, veteran) – 50% off year round (w/ID)*
First Responders (fire, police, EMT) – 50% off (w/ID)*
20% Discount for Families of Military & First Responders*
Group Rate – 20% Discount (reservation required for groups)*
For additional promotional admission discounts, please click here
*Rate discounts cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers
(Admission fees subject to change)