Animals on the Bay Day
Sunday, October 12, 2013
A Free Community Day at the Living Coast Discovery Center:
Come out and join us as we celebrate
all of the unique Animals that call San Diego Bay home!
Join us for:
- Complimentary Admission all day for the whole family
- Sharks and tortoises and eagles, oh my!
- dozens of community partner booths featuring interactive activities & games
- Raffles: win a chance to feed the sea turtles, feed the sharks, or a family membership to the Living Coast
- Fun Arts & Crafts for kids of all ages
- Bake Sales: yummy fall treats, apple cider, & hot chocolate
- Ms. Smarty Plants from the Water Conservation Garden
- ‘Hawk Tawks’: learn all about these fascinating hunters of the sky
- 1:30-3:00 pm: Sea Turtle, Shark, and Eagle feeding and presentations
- 3:00 pm: Reptile Roundup: touch a tortoise, smile at a snake, pose with a posse of peaceful predators for pictures!
We’ll be joined by several other wonderful conservation & education partners in San Diego- showcasing family fun activities and booths throughout the day!
- US Fish & Wildlife Service (wildlife exploration!)
- Birch Aquarium
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Chula Vista Kayak
- Ms. Smarty Plants! / Water Conservation Garden
- Project Wildlife
With our sincerest thanks to this year’s ‘Animals on the Bay Day’ sponsoring organization: