Due to the volume of requests received by the Living Coast Discovery Center, donation requests must meet specific criteria:
- Must be a not-for-profit organization with a 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.
- All requests must be received a minimum of 60 days prior to event date.
- Request must be made on organization letterhead.
- If you meet the above criteria, please provide the following items
- Copy of IRS determination letter verifying 501(c)3 status.
- Copy of organization’s mission statement and goals.
- Please include a self-address & stamped envelope.
The Living Coast Discovery Center will make every effort to process your request in a timely manner. Please allow two-three weeks to evaluate your request. Evaluation will be made on a “first-come, first-serve” monthly basis. A denial does not imply that the applicant’s program is not needed or worthy, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines, priorities, or that funds are not currently available.
If an organization or event is found to both meet the requirements above and fits in the following criteria send out one family four pack admission tickets.
- The event/organization is within the San Diego Bay area.
- The event/organization is somehow related to our mission.
- The event/organization will provide the Living Coast Discovery Center with publicity.
- The event/organization has not received a donation in the current calendar year.